1. Have a firm handshake.
2. Look people in the eye.
3. Sing in the shower.
4. Own a great stereo system.
5. If in a fight, hit first and hit hard.
6. Keep secrets.
7. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.
8. Always accept an outstretched hand.
9. Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
11. Avoid sarcastic remarks.
12. Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 per cent of all your happiness or misery.
13. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
14. Lend only those books you never care to see again.
15. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have.
16. When playing games with children, let them win.
17. Give people a second chance, always.
18. Be romantic.
19. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
20. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.
21. Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for our convenience, not the caller’s.
22. Be a good loser for your loved ones.
23. Be a good winner of Hearts.
24. Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.
25. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
26. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
27. Keep it simple.
28. Beware of the person who has nothing to lose.
29. Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.
30. Live your life so that your epitaph could read, No Regrets
31. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
32. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
33. Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you.
34. Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you.
35. Visit friends and relatives when they are in hospital; you need only stay a few minutes.
36. Begin each day with some of your favorite music.
37. Once in a while, take the scenic route.
38. Forgive quickly. Life is short.
39. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
40. Keep a note pad and pencil on your bed-side table. Million-dollar ideas sometimes strike at 3a.m.
41. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, regardless of how trivial their job.
42. Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a reason later.
43. Make someone’s day by encouraging them.
44. Become someone’s hero.
45. Marry only for love.
46. Count your blessings.
47. Compliment the meal when you’re a guest in someone’s home.
48. Wave at the children on a school bus.
49. Remember that 80 per cent of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.
50. Don’t expect life to be fair.
Tags: Goals, Happiness, Life, Life Lessons, Love, Quotes, Relationship, Resolutions, Success, Thoughts
1. Have a firm handshake.
Tags: ADMK, DMK, Jayalalithaa, Karunanidhi, Namakku Naame, Stalin, Tamil, Tamilian, Tamilnadu
Namakku Naame (நமக்கு நாமே) the latest trending topic in Tamilnadu Politics and among the common public. From the mockeries to articles of insights this word has been a storm all along. A tour plan penned by DMK leader(s) M.Karunanidhi and being executed by its cadre M.K.Stalin – to meet all levels of people and know their demands and requirements.
Without digging into how this plan was formulated or how it was executed, I am planning to cover just the topics on why this has been a success, why the critics were wrong in many of their sarcasms and what is expected by a common man from an event of this genre.
Namakku Naame – a change of approach
1. The biggest success that’s behind this tour is in its change of approach. Normally common man never expected a party leader or a leader who is dictated to be their future chief minister to visit them in person, along with the (ex)isting ministers and MLA’s.
2. For the people of Tamilnadu who sees their chief minister landing or flying overhead in a helicopter this way of meeting a leader is a surprise and that’s the real reason behind the instant hit of this Namakku Naame.
3. For the school and college students, who were forced to stand on road-side for hours all through the day just to wave hands to their chief minister crossing that area, an open debate and discussion being executed with a party leader is a surprise.
4. DMK and Stalin as such claim that this trip is just to know the demands and requirements of general public in all corners of the state.
To the critics who comment for the sake of commenting
1. A common question raised by lame critics is – All these days nothing happened, and why suddenly Stalin is going on a road trip (by walk), is it just an election gimmick.
If to answer this in their own way – Ok nothing has happened all these days, but when something good is happening now, why not welcome it, rather to criticize its motive. At least wait to see the result of this trip.
If walking all along to meet people is election gimmick, what about the present CM who does everything over video conferencing and pretends the state is doing well in all affairs?
2. Of all the critics who has guts and words to criticize DMK and its leaders then and now – who can be a man and raise their hands and truly say that we also criticize the ADMK government and party leaders the same way? Coz they all know what would happen if they criticize that egoistic ADMK govt. It’s one such government which could arrest a poet for just penning a song in support of liquor ban under the National Security Act.
3. DMK and its party leaders are easy to approach in any forms of media, be it social media or in person. Can the same be said for ADMK and its leaders? A common man is always in a doubt whether the present Chief Minister is at her Poes Garden house or ECR Guest house or at her famous Kodanadu Estate.
4. People who criticizes this trip – have you ever questioned why the Tamilnadu Chief Minister is not visiting the Chief Minister’s office at the Secretariat. Rather posing for photographs from her Kodanadu Estate. Or have you ever asked her why she always goes around in helicopters instead of meeting common public.
What we expect as a common man
1. A road trip to gather the demands and requirements of common public by a party top cadre is a welcome approach, but will it be reflected in the election manifesto or post-election implementation is a big question mark.
2. Stalin claims the election manifesto for the upcoming elections is 90% complete. If at least half of the issues he gathered, analyzed, reflects in the manifesto the public will appreciate it. DMK as a party has a history of keeping up the promises made in election manifesto, so common man will surely expect a lot in it.
3. If DMK wins, we do understand, a trip of this kind is not possible as Stalin will be the Deputy CM (if like previous DMK rule), but they have to make sure their ministers, MLA’s and the officials meet the people regularly in such way and solve the issues at the earliest.
4. Future is for the government who reduces the gap between the government and the general public. DMK and its leaders should understand this and frame their moves.
To remember a government that sells water to general public is never fit to be a ruling government. We would appreciate a government
1. That restores civic sense among general public.
2. That provides the general public with best of civic amenities.
3. That brings back all rivers and lakes and ponds to their original glory and understands agriculture is a lifeline to growth, and bans factories that spoil the very existence of agriculture (Pepsi, Coke) and encourages organic farming rather than promoting pesticides.
4. That creates alternate plans for drinking and irrigation water (through desalination plants) and power generation (through solar power) instead of blaming the previous government every time.
5. That regulates and stabilizes the education system and improve the levels and quality of government owned/government operated schools, colleges, firms, companies.
6. That stops writing letters to Central Government and acts on its own and be self-sufficient (a true Namakku Naame).
7. That protects Tamils and makes/forces the Indian government and rest of Indian people to understand Tamil issue is Indian issue and not separate.